Choose from a variety of ways to answer the question.
An Open Response question allows you to choose from several types of content to build your answer. Use any combination of text, images, audio recordings and more:
- Text to write text including mathematical notation;
- Files and media to upload custom videos, images, PDFs, and other files;
- Canvas to draw freehand and edit images;
- Youtube or Vimeo to embed videos found on these sites;
- Table to create a table with text or data;
- Mind map to present your thoughts visually;
- Graph to plot a graph of data;
- Audio to record using the microphone on your device.
Note: Make sure you read the question carefully, as it may ask you to use a specific option to answer correctly. Otherwise it's up to you, so get creative!
Select an option to add content to your answer
Click on any of the options available to add a content block to use, like the table in the example above. You can add extra content blocks by clicking another option to use for your answer, for example an image followed by text. Click the Done button on each content block to save your work.
Warning: Make sure you save your work often, as you cannot restore discarded changes or deleted content blocks.
Edit and move content blocks
You can change your answer later by clicking on the edit on the top left corner of a content block. Remember to click Done to save your changes. You can also rearrange the blocks by click-and-holding on the 4-directional arrow button and moving its position up or down on the page.
You may also be interested in the following resources: