Teachers can create temporary passwords for students to help them quickly recover account access.
Temporary passwords can be created for an individual or for a whole class.
- On the Students page, select the class that the student is currently in.
- Hover over the student's line in the class list to reveal the Reset Password option.
- Click Reset Password to reveal a temporary, 6-digit password along with the student's email address.
The password is valid for 20 minutes, and the student's usual password will continue to work.
Some students may not be eligible for a temporary password. Instead, they will receive a reset email in their inbox. Note: If the email address tied to the account is incorrect or not a valid email, then contact Stile Support for assistance.
- On the Students page, select the class of students whose password you would like to reset.
- Click Print all passwords to reveal a document that contains a temporary, 10-digit password for each student along with their email address.
- Click Print to retrieve a hard copy and provide each student with their temporary password.
The password is valid for 4 days, and the student's usual password will continue to work.
Ensure the student is entering the email address and password exactly as it is shown on the teacher's screen to regain access to their account. One they're logged in, they can reset their usual password by clicking on their name in the upper right corner.