Single Sign-On makes logging in to Stile easier and more efficient for teachers and students.
Single Sign-On (or SSO) is an integration with your school's email credentials. It means that your students and teachers will only need to remember one set of login details for everything, so they'll sign in to Stile using the same email address and password that they use for their email inboxes and other platforms used by the school. It also means that their names and passwords are managed by the school, instead of Stile.
This article is for Stile school admins and IT staff at schools who wish to set up a Single Sign-On (or SSO) integration between the school server and Stile.
Stile supports SSO in the form of:
- Any SAML Identity Provider, such as Microsoft Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS), Google's G Suite, etc;
- Microsoft Office 365 (using OAuth 2).
The integration will:
- Allow teachers and students to sign into Stile with their school account credentials;
- Set student names to what they are on the school server;
- Allow school IT staff to manage account passwords.
The integration will not:
- Delete students' existing Stile accounts or work;
- Automatically add marks from Stile to your Learning/Student Management System.
Contact Stile Support to get started and include which of the following services the school uses:
- On-premise Microsoft Active Directory Federation Services;
- Microsoft Azure AD;
- Google's GSuite;
- Some other SAML-compliant identity provider; or
- Microsoft Office 365 with OAuth integration.
You may also be interested in the following resources:
- Manage staff and students as a Stile admin;
- Tech details for school IT staff;
- NSW DoE account integration FAQ.