Single Sign-On makes logging in to Stile easier and more efficient for teachers and students.
This article is for Stile school IT staff who want to set up a Single Sign-On (or SSO) integration with Stile.
SSO is an integration with your school's email credentials. It means that students and teachers will use their school-managed email and password to sign in to Stile. This gives you more control over their online presence and data. SSO integration is included in the cost of your Stile subscription.
Note: Some larger integrations are already established.
- If you are a Victorian DET teacher, a NSW DoE teacher or student, or an SA DfE teacher or student, then you already have SSO set up!
- Victorian schools can still set up SSO using their custom email domains.
- Education Queensland (EQ) teachers and students can use the Sign in with Microsoft button on the Stile login page.
- North American Schools using Clever can set up a Clever integration quickly and easily.
Stile supports SSO in the form of any SAML Identity Provider, such as:
- Microsoft Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS);
- Microsoft Azure/Entra AD; or
- Google's G Suite.
The integration allows school IT staff to manage account names and passwords. This reduces login issues that tend to come up at the start of the year, after a long break, or the morning of a big exam. The integration will not delete students' existing Stile accounts. It also will not transfer student progress to your Learning/Student Management System. Check out our Canvas integration for the latter!
Contact Stile Support to get started and include the following information:
- What software you're using as your Identity Provider (IdP);
- Any email domains your school uses, e.g. “...@yourschool.edu.au”, “...@students.yourschool.edu.au”).
We will send you a setup guide tailored to your IdP and instructions on how to test the integration once it is configured in Stile.
You may also be interested in the following resources: