The most common way to differentiate instruction in Stile is to split students into multiple classes within the subject.
Watch the video below and read on for more detailed steps.
1. Divide the students into groups
Each subject can have multiple classes. By default, a subject starts with one class labeled "Students." Create more classes in your subject on the Students page, and then move students from one class to the other.
Students can not see the name of the class.
Learn more about managing multiple classes in this article.
2. Release lessons
A subject with multiple classes will have multiple class bars in each folder for releasing lessons. Control each class independently by dragging its label.
In the Immune System example above:
- The Blue class can only see Introduction and Gather.
- The Green class can see Introduction, Gather, and Process.
- The Red class is currently being dragged below Experiment, and so students in Red will see all four of the above lessons.
- No students can see Career or Test - this is a great way to hide end-of-unit assessments until the day of the exam.