Stile Science Lessons are fully customizable and easy to edit. This allows you to make them your own.
There are many reasons that you might want to customize the content:
- To cater for varying ability levels. You can add or remove questions, simplify or extend the language used, or provide more or less scaffolding;
- To rearrange the Lesson order. You can teach Lessons, or the content within any Lesson, in any order that you choose;
- To personalize the resources. You can add in a video of yourself explaining a concept, add in student names to questions, or rewrite explanations with your own flair;
- To localize the resources. We aim to create an international resource so as to expose students to a range of environments and contexts. However, at times it might make more sense to provide students with an image of a local environment, or perhaps a photo or video of your school's lab or lab equipment.
Watch this quick video covering the basics of customization or keep reading below.
- Rearrange the Lesson order;
- Remove questions and content;
- Edit questions and content;
- Add questions and other content.
Rearrange the Lesson order
Lessons can be moved with a simple click-and-drag action. Hover over a Lesson's title and its worksheet icon turns into an arrow. Click and hold your mouse button or trackpad to drag the Lesson up or down the page. You can move it around within the same Folder or drag it into a different Folder.
Rename the Lesson to keep it consistent with the rest of the unit's layout: Click into the Lesson, and then click on the Lesson title to edit it.
Protip: Lessons will group together visually within the Folder when they all start with the same number, e.g. 2.1, 2.2, 2.3...
Remove questions and content
Click on a resource widget's More menu and then click Delete. A warning popup will notify you that this is permanent and cannot be undone. Click the red Delete button to confirm.
Edit questions and content
Question and content widgets can be edited in a variety of ways, depending on the type of widget. Click Edit above the widget to view its capabilities. Always click Done to save the changes to the widget.
Add questions and resources
Click the Add Content tab on the right side of the screen to reveal the collection of widgets available. Drag one into the Lesson, and then fill it with text and resources. In the example above, the Live brainstorm widget is used to embed a collaborative brainstorming task.
You may also be interested in the following resources: